We must contact Judiciary committee chairman John Conyers to make sure he launches an impeachment inquiry, because he will be making that decision on Wednesday, today (11-7-07)!
Email John Conyers at: http://judiciary.house.gov/Contact.aspx
Telephone John Conyers at: 202-225-3951
(202) 225-5126 – Washington DC Office
(734) 675-4084 – Trenton, Michigan Office
(313) 961-5670 – Detroit, Michigan Office
John Conyers gov’t WEBPAGE
Thanks to Dennis Kucinich, Tuesday was an historic day for impeachment!
As promised, Kucinich requested a floor vote on H.Res. 333, and as expected, BushDemocrat Leader Steny Hoyer moved to table the bill. And then all hell broke loose as 165 Republicans voted with Kucinich and 85 other brave Democrats to force a debate on impeachment and thereby embarass Nancy Pelosi.
To block that debate, Hoyer moved to send H.Res. 333 back to the Judiciary Committee, and that motion passed with the support of all but 5 Democrats (Kucinich, Bob Filner, Marcy Kaptur, Maxine Waters, and Ed Towns). A live blog of the proceedings is posted at http://impeachcheney.org
So what do we do next to move impeachment forward?
1. Call the House Judiciary Committee at 202-225-3951 and demand hearings on H.Res. 333.
2. Email all of the Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee:
3. If you live in the district of a House Judiciary Committee member, call their office and tell them you’re a constituent and you want immediate hearings on H.Res. 333. Then join your Congressional District Impeachment Committee http://democrats.com/cdic-find
and organize a HonkToImpeach rally http://www.democrats.com/honktoimpeach
in front of your Representative’s district office. Then keep up the pressure on your Representative every way you can, including letters to the editor, calls to local talk shows, and pointed questions at every community forum attended by your Representative.
4. If your Congress Member is not on the Judiciary Committee, ask them to cosponsor H Res 333:
5. Start a media campaign including op-ed articles on impeaching Cheney, letters-to-the-editor about the Kucinich resolution, and informational picketing in front of the offices of local media, particularly in Detroit for Conyers and NY City for Nadler. Media activism kit: http://afterdowningstreet.org/node/748 And ask the talk shows to give the Republicans the impeachment debate they claim they wanted: http://afterdowningstreet.org/node/1084
6. Ask pollsters to poll the public on impeachment, especially of Cheney: http://www.democrats.com/impeachment-poll-petition
7. Watch for updates and notice of a national conference call with Rep. Dennis Kucinich at http://impeachcheney.org
FAIR USE NOTICE: This blog may contain copyrighted material. Such material is made available for educational purposes, to advance understanding of human rights, democracy, scientific, moral, ethical, and social justice issues, etc. This constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.