Many graphic photos at the original source.
By Sunil Potnis
Author’s Note: This article is intended for pointing out the atrocities of those involved. It does not mean I disrespect good people who have rich tradition and cultural values that promote equality and respect for every form of life.
I am convinced that we humans are worse terrorists to the animal world than those humans who are terrorizing other humans. For many years suicide bombings, other forms of asymmetrical warfare, and state terrorism (euphemized as ‘conventional warfare’) have been ripping our hearts out and slaughtering millions upon millions of people, but over that same period humans have murdered billions upon billions of non-human animals. Yet few think of the terrorism and havoc we have unleashed on the animal world. We weep and go to war when the World Trade Center is bombed, but what should members of the animal world do when their entire species is getting wiped out? What should dogs and cats do when their family members are skinned alive? Where will seals go when every year in Canada over 200,000 of them are killed (and half of them are two week old pups)? Fortunately there are some kind-hearted humans who have dedicated their lives to fighting against the real eco-terrorism meted out by animal exploiters and murderers.
I have been writing my heart and guts out for the last few years that China is one the biggest culprits for its cold blooded murdering of animals. The more the money flows into China, the more they abuse animals. We should make a serious attempt to stop buying anything that is “Made in China”. I don’t use anything that is made in that country. I just cannot accept that kind of disrespect for life. I have not (and never will) traveled to China and most Asian countries (i.e. Korea, Japan, and Thailand). I have never flown by an Asian airline like Singapore or Korean. Canada is another egregious animal murderer. I have relatives there yet I refuse to visit and boycott Canadian products because of that nation’s barbaric seal clubbing.
I am sure many of us would be appalled and repulsed if we saw these cold blooded murders happening in front of our eyes. We may have heard and seen this brutality against animals on television or the Internet, but many simply choose to look away. Why? Often due to apathy and indifference about the plight of the animals. Our attitude numbs our senses and lets us ignore all this savagery. Where is our compassion?
Remember that predatory exploiters don’t discriminate and when all the animal are eradicated, these eco-terrorists will be after us humans! But it will be too late then. So if you don’t want to get stomped, skinned, clubbed, electrocuted, or boiled alive, speak up and act on behalf of our animal brethren.
Take a look at the shocking photos and videos at these sites:
2) http://www.harpseals.org/ (Seal Hunting in Canada)
AN ANIMAL’S WORST NIGHTMARE
1. China’s dogs amd cats are boiled, stabbed, drowned, bludgeoned, strangled, poisoned, hanged, and electrocuted…experiencing unbearable pain as their legs are routinely broken while trussed up and hung in local markets for human consumption, or skinned alive and cast off like garbage– for the despicable fur trade.
2. Dogs [both owned and stray] are relentlessly hunted down by ‘police authorized’ roving mobs and savagely beaten to death by the hundreds of thousands–in the name of ‘rabies’ control.
3. Bears, suffer a lifetime of excruciating pain as they are surgically mutilated and milked each day for their gall bile. Their paws taken as delicacies for the Chinese restaurant trade or ground into powdered ‘medicines’. The use of bear parts supplying the traditional Chinese medicine trade and exotic meat market is the major reason why bear species are declining around the world. Endangered species of bears are rapidly becoming extinct.
4. Rhino, both Black and White, are butchered for their horns and are now highly endangered.
5. Over 70-100 million sharks PER YEAR are ‘finned’ and their carcasses dumped into the sea– to accommodate China’s growing taste for shark fin soup.
6. 20 million turtles are devoured in China EACH YEAR. Slaughtered alive and fully conscious, their heads are decapitated and crushed. Even after a turtle’s head is detached from its body, if not crushed sufficiently to destroy the brain, it can survive up to ONE HOUR in agonizing torment. Two thirds of the world’s turtles are now threatened with extinction.
7. TONS of elephant tusks are carved into ivory trinkets–their feet are hacked off for stools and coffee table legs.
8. Animals are used as ‘dried’ ingredients in traditional Chinese medicines and killed by the billion–tiger parts, crocodile bile, deer musk, sea horses, lizards, sea cucumbers, powdered antlers, dog penis, pangolin (scaly anteaters), only to name a few on a seemingly unending list. ALL are considered no more than ‘products’ to be abused and murdered in the most monstrous ways possible, even if it means permanently wiping many of these species from the face of the planet in order to fulfill often frivolous, antiquated and selfish needs.
9. China plays a role in the largest mass butchery of marine mammals on Earth, the annual Canadian seal slaughter [which has taken over 1.25 million innocent lives in the last 3 years, alone]. This abomination happens in part so that dried seal penises can be turned into aphrodisiacs to “theoretically” increase the libidos of elderly men engaging in sex with Asian girls as young as 7 years old.
10. Live domestic pets, as well as cows and chickens, are fed to lions and tigers for the “entertainment” of visitors at Chinese zoos. Zoo officials encourage guests to buy domestic animals on the premises and feed them to the carnivores through special vending flaps fitted onto tourist buses, allowing individuals to throw chickens and other FULLY Conscious animals to the waiting predators.
CHINA’S GROWING WEALTH MEANS AN EVER-EXPANDING COLLECTION OF EXOTIC WILDLIFE ON THE MENU!
A. A Chinese chef describes how to cook pangolin [endangered scaly anteater]: “We keep them alive in cages until the customer makes an order. Then we hammer them unconscious, cut their throats and drain the blood. It is a slow death. We then boil them to remove the scales…cut the meat into small pieces and use it to make braised meat and soup. Usually the customers take the blood home with them afterwards.” [The blood is thought to have medicinal value.]
B. Live monkey brains are considered a delicacy: A “gourmet” can buy monkeys in the marketplace and send them to inns for cooking. The cooks first stuff the monkeys into tiny cages and force them to drink rice wine until they’re intoxicated. They are then pulled from the cage and bound by their limbs (preventing movement.) Their skulls are hacked open with a sharp knife to reveal easily visible, pulsing blood vessels. The white brains are then scooped out and served as soon as possible; eaten when still warm with seasonings. Monkey brains become pungent if they are not fresh…if the skull was opened too long ago. Thus it is best to open the skull and eat at once, while brain cells are LIVING and blood vessels throbbing.
C. It is not unusual in many areas of China, to see live deer in pens or crocodiles in tanks at restaurants. Buying and eating rare animals is a common way of SHOWING OFF. In southern China, rare meat is known as ye Wei (wild taste), and people believe eating exotic animals can endow them with bravery, long life or sexual prowess. The Cantonese brag that they will eat ANYTHING that moves!
D. China’s insatiable frenzy for non-human body parts is expanding, consuming and decimating everything in its wake. This ancient society of 1.3 billion people, many of whom appear to have no compassionate connection toward sentient beings, whatsoever, MUST BE STOPPED! WITHHOLDING MONEY IS THE SINGLE MOST EFFECTIVE WAY WE CAN FORCE POSITIVE SOCIAL CHANGE! Individuals engaged in animal abuse will NOT be immediately swayed by moral pressure, or legislation. Swift, significant change can come through economic losses to those who victimize! ALL of China’s exports must be targeted for boycott!
A) Get your community involved–ask friends, relatives, co-workers and groups to take the BOYCOTT CHINA PLEDGE and sign the petition linked HERE!
Tell STORE OWNERS AND MANAGERS of small businesses that stock Chinese products that you will no longer patronize their stores UNTIL they carry NON-CHINESE alternatives! They WILL listen–they need your money to survive! Remember change comes from the BOTTOM UP, not the top down! Target the small retailers FIRST, and soon Wal-Mart and others will take notice and follow!
B) Compile receipts from NON-CHINESE items purchased and send copies to your country’s Chinese Ambassador with a “Revenue Lost” boycott letter. The goal is to have millions of these receipts/boycott letters pouring in, EVERY SINGLE DAY, to all 165 Chinese embassies worldwide! An excellent ongoing project for school, community, civic and church groups!
C) MAKE COPIES of this petition page and hand them out as flyers everywhere you go!
D) Spread the word by posting this petition on websites, blogs and AR mailing lists!
HELPFUL LINKS: CHINESE EMBASSIES:
ALTERNATIVES TO CHINESE GOODS:
Do it for the protection of our endangered wildlife and for the millions of domestic and companion animals being tortured and killed as you read these words.
On behalf of the billions of voiceless souls desperately in need of your help to save them, thank you!