US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation
Jan. 2, 2009
Through six days of attacks on the occupied Gaza Strip, Israel has killed at least 430 Palestinians and injured at least 2,250 with U.S. weapons in violation of U.S. law. Israel now stands ready to invade the Gaza Strip with troops at any moment.
Israel ‘s attacks come on top of a brutal siege of the Gaza Strip, which has created a humanitarian catastrophe of dire proportions for Gaza ‘s 1.5 million Palestinian residents by restricting the provision of food, fuel, medicine, electricity, and other necessities of life.
Make no mistake about it-Israel’s war and siege on the Gaza Strip would not be possible without the jets, helicopters, ships, missiles, and fuel provided by the United States . Additional troubling details continue to emerge about the misuse of U.S. weapons by Israel :
* Israel is dropping GBU-39 small diameter bombs on the Gaza Strip. According to weapons experts, these bombs contain uranium oxide and have left behind radioactive contamination in places such as Kosovo , Iraq , and Afghanistan . In September 2008, Boeing received a $77 million contract to transfer 1,000 of these bombs to Israel .
* On December 30, the Israeli navy intentionally rammed a boat in international waters which was carrying medical supplies to the Gaza Strip, nearly causing it to sink. The passengers of The Dignity included doctors and recent Green Party Presidential candidate Cynthia McKinney. In July 2008, the United States signed a contract to transfer $1.9 billion of naval combat ships to Israel .
Find out what you can do to take action by clicking here. Action steps include:
* Participate in a US Campaign emergency conference call on Monday, January 5 at 9PM Eastern. To RSVP and get call-info, send your name and organizational affiliation (if any) to us by clicking here.
* Join one of nearly 150 protests in the United States against Israel ‘s attacks.
* Download resources and sign up for organizing packets to educate and organize people in your community to end U.S. military aid to Israel .
* Contact the President and set up meetings with your Members of Congress.
* Download talking points for getting our message into the media.
* Step up the pressure on President Elect-Obama and the new Congress by signing our open letter and by coming to DC for Inauguration Day and our Feb. 1-2 Grassroots Advocacy Training and Lobby Day.
* Make a tax-deductible contribution to us so that less of your taxes go to Israel ‘s war machine.
Do we live on the same planet? by William Bowles
Israeli warplanes attacked the Hamas run television station in Gaza city
Keep Your Eye on the Ball; This Is Not about Rockets by Stuart Littlewood
We Lived to Tell the Story: Lebanon Rescued Us by Cynthia McKinney
Pingback: Top 5 Lies About Israel’s Assault on Gaza By Jeremy R. Hammond « Dandelion Salad
Pingback: Israel set to begin ground war against Hamas in Gaza - Times Online « Dandelion Salad
Pingback: Israel Attacks Gaza, Silence from Mainstream Media about Israeli Violations of International Law « Dandelion Salad
Pingback: Rafah - report from the ground « The Wings of the Carp
Pingback: Rafah - report from the ground « Dandelion Salad