Updated: June 1, 2010 added video
First and foremost, we mourn the deaths of the 20 humanitarian aid workers that were spinelessly slaughtered by the terrorist state of Israel. Our hearts and thoughts go out to the families in this terrible time of senseless loss. We also wish a speedy and complete recovery to the up to 80 people who were wounded by the IDF in this abominable attack in International Waters.
We severely condemn, with the very harshest tone imaginable, the murderous attack conducted upon the innocent unarmed humanitarians of the FREE GAZA ‘Freedom Flotilla’ within International Waters.
This act demonstrates the overly sociopathic mentality of the Israeli government in its continuing criminal actions committed upon the Palestinian people and upon those coming to their aid. This act was not simply an international criminal act upon the passengers of the humanitarian ‘Freedom Flotilla’ but was indeed a rabid, viscous and delusional attack on humanity itself.
In conducting an act of this nature Israel has once again demonstrated to the entire world its arrogance in believing it can continue with its predictable path of violent, arrogant and cowardly behavior. Because of Israel’s past-unpunished crimes, it believes it can act with impunity in any form no matter how murderous.
Our response to these terrorist acts must be large and sustained. We people of conscious can no longer sit by idly and watch Israel literally get away with murder, time and time again.
Knowing that the U.S. is criminal Israel’s biggest funder and cheerleader and knowing how futile it is to get the murderous U.S. Government to ever do the humane thing and condemn Israel; however, in a perfect world this is what we seek:
The Obama administration MUST declare Israel’s actions as criminal and must follow through with harsh and long-term penalties. Any other response from the Obama administration will be deemed as being complicit to murder, oppression and terror.
1. The immediate expulsion of the Israeli Ambassador from the United States and the withdrawal of the U.S. Ambassador in Tel Aviv.
2. Complete and immediate withholding of any and all funds (including military aid) from the United States to Israel.
3. That the IDF be designated as “terrorists” and Israel as a “terrorist state.”
4. Trials in Nuremburg for Benyamin Nethanyahu and Avigdor Lieberman and the IDF troops that participated in the massacre.
5. The end to the siege of Gaza by Israel.
6. An immediate withdrawal of troops from Iraq and Afghanistan.
From people of conscience we call for:
1. Large and sustained public protests outside every Israeli Embassy/Consulate in the United States (see addresses below)
2. Increased effort of the BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions) Movement (http://bdsmovement.net/)
3. Increased efforts to protest the United States’ war crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan.
4. Increased efforts to protest nuclear proliferation, especially by Israel and the U.S., two states that have clearly demonstrated their lack of compassion for innocent peoples.
ISRAELI EMBASSY IN THE UNITED STATES:
3514 International Dr. N.W. • Washington DC 20008
Telephone: (202) 364-5500
ISRAELI CONSULATES IN THE UNITED STATES:
1100 Spring St. N.W. Suite 440 Atlanta, Georgia 30309
Telephone: (404) 487-6500
20 Park Plaza • Suite 1020 • Boston, MA 02116
Telephone: (617) 535-0280
111 East Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60601
Telephone: (312) 297- 4800
24 Greenway Plaza • Suite 1500 • Houston, Texas 77046
Telephone: (713) 622 4924
6380 Wilshire Blvd • Suite 1700 • Los Angeles, CA 90048
Telephone (323) 852-5500
100 N. Biscayne [Yitzchak Rabin] Boulevard • Suite 1800 • Miami, Florida 33132
Telephone: (305) 925-9400
800 2nd Avenue • New York, NY 10017
Telephone: (212) 499-5000
1880 John F Kennedy Blvd. • 18th Floor • Philadelphia, PA 19103
Telephone: (215) 977-7600
456 Montgomery Street, Suite 2100 • San Francisco, CA 94104
Telephone: (415) 844-7510
FOLLOW UPDATES HERE:
San Francisco Rally against the murder of humanitarian workers by Israel
cindyforcongress — May 31, 2010