Sorry, video is no longer available.
1:24:59 – 4 years ago
An excellent lecture by the well-known American political scientist, historian, and media critic, Michael Parenti. On history and who tells it (complete with Q&A).
In this talk Michael Parenti quotes Winston Churchill who said to his fellow party members: “History will be kind to us because I plan to write it.” Far from being an objective account of events history bears the mark of its writer, the omissions of the censors, and the interests of those who benefit from making it. Parenti shows how to take the recording of history back from politicians, the media, professors, clergy, and business people.
Michael Parenti’s most recent books are The Culture Struggle (2006), Contrary Notions: The Michael Parenti Reader (2007), God and His Demons (2010), Democracy for the Few (9th ed. 2011), and The Face of Imperialism (2011). For further information about his work, visit his website: www.michaelparenti.org.
- Mystery: How Wealth Creates Poverty in the World by Michael Parenti (2007) (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- Rational Fascism by Michael Parenti (1997) (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- Making the World Safe for Hypocrisy By Michael Parenti (1996) (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- Michael Parenti: Justice For Sale (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- Michael Parenti: Superpatriotism (1988) (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- Michael Parenti: The Face of Imperialism (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)