Oct 15, 2012 by CornFlu
Video by Marshall J. Baumgartner and Scott Hughes.
The Gitmos Great Seal artwork by Todd N. Kennedy
Tell us why or why not you plan to vote!
When there’s no one worth voting for
Every politician is a whore
The problems never go away
You don’t pat attention anyway
‘Cause some rock star said its cool
He just laughs, you play the fool
For another corporate shill
When its you that pays the bill
Why should you vote, they’re gonna rig it anyway
The fix is in, come election day
For the lesser evil of the two
Every one of them is screwing you
For a suit with some power hair
He gets paid to pretend he cares
You can’t believe the media
Or the people that you elect
When supporting the status qo
Is a national train wreck
For another Democrat
For some Wall Street fat cat
For another Republican
For another Company Man
There’s no transparency
There’s no legitimacy
Its all a joke, ya see
So why vote?
The Gitmos: Why Vote?
Oct 15, 2012 by thejuicemedia
http://www.thejuicemedia.com Juice Rap News – Episode 16: Electile Dysfunction. It’s nearing the end of 2012, and bastion of world democracy (The United States of America) is displaying its free and open process of elections for the world to observe. As is customary every four years, the rigorous selection process has served up a number of philosopher kings and queens from which to choose. But why have so many choices when with a bit of effort you can whittle it down to two candidates and let the people pick from those? Especially when it makes for such scintillating debates. Join Juice Rap News stalwart host Robert Foster as he shares his dreams for the Presidential Debates… and then receives something of a rude awakening.
– Written & created by Giordano Nanni & Hugo Farrant in a suburban backyard home-studio in Melbourne, Australia – on Wurundjeri Land.
– We would like to express our deep gratitude to our donors whose generosity has made this episode possible. SUPPORT the creation of new episodes of Juice Rap News, an independent show which relies on private donations: http://thejuicemedia.com/donate -
* MAIN BEAT: “Rivals” Produced by the Red Skull http:/www.redskullbeats.tumblr.com
Instrumental available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYoJmoRnMbo
* OBAMA performed and rapped by Ben Bizuneh:
* VOICES of Romney, Elmo & Cookie Monster performed by Ming Lang
* ARTWORK & website wizardry by Zoe Tame of http://visualtonic.com.au
* “Legitimate Debate” Video animation by Jonas Schweizer
* “Legitimate Debate” Music & beat composed by Adrian Sergovich
* Music & Video Editing by Giordano
* Presidential Puppetry by Lucy and Hugo
* PROPS: Thanks to Zoe Umlaut of Umlautronics for constructing the miniature podia, sewing the itty-bitty collars and ties for Elmo & Cookie Monster.
* Filming in L.A. of Obama scenes by Justin Small and Dustin Jones; Thanks to Steve Rea at Green Screen Downtown for assistance: http://www.greenscreendowntown.com/
* Thanks to Brother Damian for shoot assist and inspiration. And, as always, deep gratitude to Lucy & Caitlin for all the ongoing support (and patience).
– CAPTIONS: Merci to Koolfy from la Quadrature du Net for creating the sync’d English captions for our episodes!
– TRANSLATIONS: If you would like to translate this episode into your language, please contact us via our website http://thejuicemedia.com/contact
RAP NEWS 16: OBAMA v ROMNEY – the Final Presidential Debate
From the archives: