Sometimes we human beings just have to sit down now and then and take stock. Gratefulness is not only good for reflection, but it is also very healthy for the soul. There is a lot to complain about in this world of pain and fire and steel. A lot. But let us just for a moment seek to invert complaint if only for a few minutes, and list the top 10 things that we are grateful for this year. Here are mine. I would like to hear yours.
1. This year’s musical accomplishments.
2. Many a bright afternoon sky.
4. Brisk weather after that hot summer drought.
5. God’s undying love for me.
6. Real friends with great face to face conversation.
7. Specific books I bought this year.
8. The ability to be kind to others.
9. Those who are tolerant of my mistakes.
10. Seeing my cousins again after all these years and reconnecting with my brother Steve.