Subscribe Via Email
- Happy Thanksgiving with Blood and Tears by Michael Parenti
- John Pilger: It is the West that Created this Monster
- Demystifying US and Israeli Power by Susan Cain and Mark Mason (must-read)
- Chris Hedges and Alexa O’Brien: What Happens to Society When the University Becomes an Outpost for the National Security State?
- Why Paris Reveals the Horror and the Hypocrisies of Global Terrorism by Andrew Gavin Marshall
- Name 11 Things That You Are Grateful For This Thanksgiving by Rocket Kirchner
- Abby Martin: Native American Genocide + The Unist’ot’en Camp are Blocking Pipelines From Crossing Their Land
- Hang Onto Your Wallets: Negative Interest, the War on Cash, and the $10 Trillion Bail-in by Ellen Brown
- Can the Federal Debt Be Repaid? by Ellen Brown
- Chris Hedges and Kevin Zeese: The #TPP: “The Most Brazen Corporate Power Grab in American History”
dandelionsalad on Demystifying US and Israeli Po… Jerry "Peacemaker" on Demystifying US and Israeli Po… dandelionsalad on Why Does the Government of The… sosebee2 on Why Does the Government of The… David Llewellyn Fost… on John Pilger: It is the West th…
Please pass this on to anyone you know who may be considering enlisting as a soldier (mercenary).
Top Viewed For The Past 2 Days
The Golden Rule“That which is hateful to you do not do to another ... the rest (of the Torah) is all commentary, now go study.” - Rabbi Hillel
Amendment ICongress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
The views and/or opinions posted on all the blog posts and in the comment sections are of their respective authors, not necessarily those of Dandelion Salad.
All content has been used with permission from the copyright owners, who reserve all rights, and that for uses outside of fair use (an excerpt), permission must be obtained from the respective copyright owner.
Reblogging is fine, republishing entire blog posts isn't without contacting the writer first and asking permission. Thanks.
Daily Archives: January 7, 2013
Corporate Culture and Global Empire: Food Crisis, Land Grabs, Poverty, Slums, Environmental Devastation and Resistance by Andrew Gavin Marshall
Corporate power is immense. The world’s largest corporation is Royal Dutch Shell, surpassed in wealth only by the 24 largest countries on earth. Of the 150 largest economic entities in the world, 58% are corporations. Corporations are institutionally totalitarian, the result of power’s resistance to the democratic revolution, which was begrudgingly accepted in the political sphere, but denied the economic sphere, and thus was denied a truly democratic society. Continue reading
What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare.
–William Henry Davies
Each year that passes I become more despairing over the lack of action to contain climate change, a despair echoed by George Monbiot. This last year both the Earth Summit in June and the Doha Climate Change meeting in November were notable only for the reluctance yet again of those in power to take any real action. Continue reading