Space Babies on Jul 9, 2020
Marx in the House is a series that explores gentrification and housing from a Marxist perspective. In this episode we take a look at the movement of capital, the ridiculousness of landlords, how it’s necessary to organize and the fundamentals of capitalism and the role of the state.
Ep 2: Exchange Value || Marx in the House Ep 2
Space Babies on Jul 16, 2020
Marx in the House is a series that explores gentrification and housing from a Marxist perspective. In this episode we take a look at the meaning of exchange value under capitalism.
From the archives:
Alex Vitale: Defunding The Police Is The Future + Anya Parampil and Frank Chapman: What Does Community Control Of Police Look Like?
Caleb Maupin: What is the Lumpenproletariat? + Will Griffin: What Are The Principles of Marxism-Leninism-Maoism?
The Stimulator: Keep Your Rent!
Will Griffin: The Mass Line: A Communist Method of Organizing + What is the Mass Line?
Abby Martin: Eradicating Homelessness
Chris Hedges: The Radical Transformation of Jackson, MS
The Difference Between Socialism, Communism, and Marxism Explained by a Marxist
Pingback: Rents Will Continue To Rise As Long As Housing Remains A Capitalist Commodity, by Pete Dolack – Dandelion Salad
Pingback: Marx in the House: Episode 3: Rent Gap + Episode 4: Disinvestment – Dandelion Salad
That the emancipation of the productive class is that of all human beings without distinction of sex or race;
That the producers can be free only when they are in possession of the means of production;
That there are only two forms under which the means of production can belong to them
The individual form which has never existed in a general state and which is increasingly eliminated by industrial progress;
The collective form the material and intellectual elements of which are constituted by the very development of capitalist society;
That this collective appropriation can arise only from the revolutionary action of the productive class – or proletariat – organized in a distinct political party;
That a such an organisation must be pursued by all the means the proletariat has at its disposal including universal suffrage which will thus be transformed from the instrument of deception that it has been until now into an instrument of emancipation;
The Australian workers, in adopting as the aim of their efforts the political and economic expropriation of the capitalist class and the return to community of all the means of production, have decided, as a means of organisation and struggle, to enter the elections with the following immediate demands:
1. All individuals, companies, banks, institutions and governments immediately halt all investments in fossil fuel exploration and extraction, immediately end all fossil fuel subsidies and immediately and completely divest from fossil fuels.
2. Abolition of all laws over the press, meetings and associations.
3. Suppression of the public debt.
4. Legislated reduction of the working day to four hours.
5. Protective supervision of apprentices by the workers’ organisations.
6. Increase in funds allocated to the Age Pension with 55 being the age of eligibility.
7. Abolition of all indirect taxes and transformation of all direct taxes into a progressive tax on incomes over $60,000. An increase of the company tax to 49% (where it was in 1987).
8. Construction of social housing with the goal of eliminating the waiting list by December, 2022.
9. Universal bulk billing for healthcare.
10. Free public education through university, TAFE for all citizens.
11. Abolition of standing armies and the general arming of the people;
12. The Commune to be master of its administration and its police.
13. Responsibility of the bosses in the matter of accidents, guaranteed by a security paid by the employer into the workers’ funds, and in proportion to the number of workers employed and the danger that the industry presents;
14. Intervention by the workers in the special regulations of the various workshops; an end to the right usurped by the bosses to impose any penalty on their workers in the form of fines or withholding of wages